Sunday, January 27, 2013


                                                              August 11th Table Rock
On my 8th trip up to Table Rock I was accompanied by Whitney, Cindy Duffin, Kathy Nichols, Sierra, Russell, Bryson, Jackson and Shawn.  Every year I hike it, I swear I'll never do it again but something pulls me back.  I kept telling myself that once I could I hike it with my grandchildren I would quit.  Kathy has hiked it with me 7 out of 8 times and every year she swears she won't go again but look who's in the picture.  We are eager and ready to hike at 8:00 a.m.
 Russell wishing this was the rock we were hiking to.
 That flat rock is where we are going. We as send 4100 feet from the trail head
 Jackson can hardly wait!!


 Flowers of all colors along the way.  It is a 12 mile round trip to the top.




Russell did better when we put him in the lead with Whitney.
 Shawn walked, and walked, and walked.


Sometimes you just have to stop and take a break.  That last climb is a killer.
Who knew that Bryson was afraid of heights?  He was hugging the rock.


We couldn't get Bryson to stand up for the picture.  We had to beg him to come out and turn around so we would have the Tetons in the background.
                                              Kathy and I have conquered yet again!!!!


                                  Whits famous pose.  The Tetons look even better with her expertise!
 Whitney graduated from Nursing school with her RN and so she carried her cap and gown to the top for a picture.  Yeah!!!!  Congrats to Whitney!

Russell was happy to be on top even if it was a bit cold.
Elevation 9944

                                  Shawn and the boys went back down the face and beat us by 30 minutes.
                                   They had a chance to soak their feet while they were waiting for us.
                                                       It was a great memorable day.

No comments: