Monday, March 1, 2010

NEW YEARS EVE

After years of planing and attending elaborate New Years Eve parties, we have settled in quite nicely with the "old" crowd. For the past 7 or 8 years we have been going to Cotants for a dinner. We all bring our own steaks that J O cooks for us. We sit at a table set with china and have shrimp coctail and baked potatoes and salad and great conversation. I have to admit the first few years I missed the excitement of a dance or a party full of games but I have really enjoyed these parties and look forward to them every year. I know I am showing my age but I don't even feel that bad about it!
Bill & Linda Orr, Sonny & Susan Davis, J O & Kathy Cotant, Kent & Emily Yost.
Being old is really not that bad!! I quite like being 50 something!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Looking around that table ... that is a party I would love to hang out at! So many memories with such amazing people. Everyone should get to grow up in that kind of neighborhood.