Monday, August 24, 2009

Chelsey to Arizona

Chelsey is off to an adventure in Arizona. I drove down with her to help her get settled and to bring "stuff" in my car. We followed each other the whole day, listening to books on tape, stopping for drinks, potty stops and a looka around. I had never driven that way before so it was an adventure for me. After 13 hours in the car we arrived in Scottsdale where we met up with Ron and Karen and then Wednesday morning drove the last hour to Gilbert. We got her unpacked, bought her a bed and took a few pictures before I left. Mel and Josiah and kids came to say goodbye before we left. Chelsey on her new bed, Chelsey with one of her new room mates and my good friend Karen and I. We are so glad Ron and Karen are close by to watch over Chelsey. They have been great to help her. She has been searching for a job and things are looking up. We miss her but hope this move is a fun adventure in her life. I all but wanted to pack her back up and bring her back home with me when I left but I refrained. It is hard to let your children grow up. I took off Wednesday night to get part way home. It was a very long drive that included staying in a real dive Wednesday night. Wow it was good to drive back into Chubbuck Idaho. I love where I live!


1 comment:

Brett and Chelsey Bybee said...

Man, why do you have to do that to me! I bawled reading that! I love you and miss you like crazy!!!